Welcome to our Nursery
We welcome the chance to provide an overview of our Nursery but feel that words cannot truly reflect the high standards and quality of care that we provide — that will only be experienced with a visit.
We provide full time and part time care for toddlers and children between the ages of 1 year and 4 years, in well supervised, age appropriate groups. We aim to provide your child with a secure and caring environment that is designed to nurture his or her social development while learning through play, social interaction, self-discovery and self-expression. This facilitates the move to a more formal learning regime towards the end of the Early Years and on into the Nursery classes in preparation for the smooth transition in the Early Foundation Years.
We at Humpty Dumpty have developed a relaxed and well disciplined atmosphere supported by:
- A Team of qualified and experienced staff working together, all of whom have undertaken and completed an up-to-date comprehensive Medic First Aid course, specifically for babies and children.
- Regular daily/weekly feedback on your child's progress.
- An extensive range of educational equipment to support the seven areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Mathematical Development
- Knowledge, Understanding the World
- Expressive Art and Design
- Physical Development
- A full time Curriculum Co-ordinator and Teacher Training Advisor.
- Diverse musical classes spearheaded by Kindermusik — an internationally renowned and franchised early years music programme.
- Specific ergonomic 'ready beds' with ample time for rest and relaxation.
- Outside playgrounds with exclusive and designated areas designed for the development of fine and gross motor skills, sand and water play pits.
- We provide clearly defined and varied structure each day — giving your child continuity, stability and familiarity.
- A specifically designed curriculum that is both formulative and progressive in reaching developmental milestones and age appropriate learning objectives.
- Full time on-site Nurse.
- The children taking an active role in caring for themselves, learning independence and the basic skills that are a necessary part of growing up and becoming happy, healthy and well adjusted little people.
What Parents say…
"Humpty Dumpty is a fabulous nursery that has provided us with an amazing level of care and education. Livy has loved every day. Thank you so much!"Dennis and Phillipa Guirchard
The curriculum in the nursery has been specifically designed for us. It is a British based curriculum with a main focus on the children learning though play.